Fetch Softworks has released a major version to its popular FTP client for Mac platform, Fetch 5.5.
Fetch 5.5, one of the most well-known FTP client for Mac platform. Fetch 5.5 is a minor update that fixes a few bugs in the check for update and purchasing code.
The major new features in Fetch 5.5 are:
- Improved Edit command â€” you can now edit any kind of file using any application and the changes will automatically be saved back to the server
- Added automatic resume of stalled or failed uploads
- Added Quick Look support for previewing files on servers (Mac OS X 10.5 and later only)
- Added support for gestures on laptop trackpads: in the transfer window, swipe left to go back to previously viewed folder, swipe up to go to the parent folder, and swipe down to open the selected folder
- Made Get Info quicker by not calculating folder sizes until you ask for them
Fetch 5.5's interface page:
Fetch 5.5 is a Universal binary, compatible with Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later, including Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger and Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard on Intel and PowerPC Macintosh computers. Upgrades to Fetch 5.5 are $10 for a single user of any previous version. Free for those who purchased Fetch 5 after 28 January 2009.
Fetch (home page)
UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/2009042315 Firefox/3.0.10