1. What is the result when you do a Test Print?
2. From the printer documentation
, and here
, this is a 1998-era device. (Repeating Antony's suggestion ... ) What is the result if you use the printer's built-in fonts instead of printing from Word? See (5, below) for a test procedure.
3. Does the half-line problem occur when you print in color, or only with the black cartridge?
4. Since presumably it was the black cartridge that you refilled, the problem is there.
- Have you removed and replaced the cartridge to ensure that it is properly seated?
- Perhaps the electrical interface contacts have been smeared or damaged.
- Do you have a genuine HP cartridge to work with?
5. You'll probably need to be an Administrator to do this ---
- Using Word, select a short 'problem' file. Do a Save As of the file to C:\ . Use a Save as type:
of Plain Text (*.txt)
- The printer most likely is cabled to port LPT1.
- Go to a Command Prompt and type in the following:
-- COPY C:\xxx.txt LPT1 (where 'xxx' is the name of the file you just created)
UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/2009060215 Firefox/3.0.11