I managed to scramble my mini pci wireless card and want to

Microsoft Windows operating system, and software for Windows platform, including QuickTime Player and iTunes for Windows. We also discuss topics about Microsoft Corp.

I managed to scramble my mini pci wireless card and want to

Postby Surfer11May » Tue 15 Dec, 2009 2:20 pm

I managed to scramble my mini pci wireless card and want to get it pack.

There is a yellow exclamation mark in device manager.

General: Can not start (code 10)

Resources: This device has no resources because it has a problem.

Wireless icon no longer shows up in network connections. I was able to get the icon back briefly when I removed the mini pci from the laptop, reinstalled, restarted with the mini pci wireless switch turned off. Soon after turning the wifi switch back on, the icon disappeared from network connections and yellow notice reappeared in device manager.

What may have caused the problem: Removed the Netgear WGT624 v2 Wireless router and installed a new N router. Wanted to still use the WGT624 to set up a network that my son could use separate from the new network. Hooked up the WGT624 to my sons laptop and went on the browser to change router settings. After searching the web, found that I had set up the WGT624 wrong. Forgot to disconnect the WGT624 from the lap top before I pushed and held the reset button on the WGT624. This may have scrambled the mini pci card.

What I have tried: Formated disk, Fresh install of OS from recovery disk to factory fresh option. Uninstall mini pci driver and restart in safe mode and regular. Uninstall and reinstall all network devices on the laptop and restart. Downloaded latest driver for mini pci.

Any ideas?

LAN-Express AS IEE 802.11g niniPCI Adapter
Windows XP Home
Sony Vaio PCG-K25
Netgear WGT624 v2 Wireless router
UserAgent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; InfoPath.2)
Surfer11May

Return to Windows (and Microsoft talk)