About a month after the release of iTunes 10.5, Apple released iTunes 10.5.1 featuring the iTunes Match.
iTunes Match allows users to store their entire music library in iCloud, including music users imported from CDs. Users can use iTunes Match to enjoy their collections anywhere, anytime on their iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, computer and Apple TV.
What's new in iTunes 10.5.1
Introducing iTunes Match. Store your entire music library in iCloud, including music you've imported from CDs, and enjoy your collection anywhere, anytime, on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, computer, or Apple TV.
iTunes 10.5 also included:
• iTunes in the Cloud. iTunes now stores your music and TV purchases in iCloud and makes them available on your devices anywhere, any time, at no additional cost.
• Automatic Downloads. Purchase music from any device or computer and automatically download a copy to your Mac and iOS devices.
• Download Previous Purchases. Download your past music, TV, app, and book purchases again, at no additional cost. Previous purchases may be unavailable if they are no longer on the iTunes Store.
• Sync with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 5.
• Wi-Fi Syncing. Automatically sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iTunes any time they're both on the same Wi-Fi network.
For information on the security content of this update, please visit: support.apple.com/kb/HT1222
iTunes 10.5.1 is available from Apple Software Update or from iTunes page.
UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20111103 AlexaToolbar/alxf-2.14 Firefox/3.6.24