Microsoft's new CEO: Satya Nadella

Microsoft Windows operating system, and software for Windows platform, including QuickTime Player and iTunes for Windows. We also discuss topics about Microsoft Corp.

Microsoft's new CEO: Satya Nadella

Postby Antony » Tue 04 Feb, 2014 12:04 pm

Microsoft has announced its new CEO: Satya Nadella, the man in charge of Microsoft's cloud computing services. He is taking on the new role immediately. Company founder Bill Gates is stepping down as Chairman to be replaced by John Thompson.

Satya Nadella joined Microsoft in 1992, he has been working in the company's servers and tools business, as well as developing the cloud system to support Xbox, Bing, Office and other services.
Bill Gates' new job title at Microsoft is Board's Founder and Technology Advisor.
UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_8_5) AppleWebKit/537.73.11 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.1.1 Safari/537.73.11
Antony
diamond member
diamond member

Re: Microsoft's new CEO: Satya Nadella

Postby James » Tue 04 Feb, 2014 1:15 pm

I'm very excited about Nadella being appointed CEO. I think he will bring an engineer's perspective to the role rather than a business perspective and that is what MS needs. I read his letter to the troops and it sounded exciting. If MS is to stay relevant in the future it's going to have to continue to make daring changes and becoming a goods and services company is one such move. More cloud computing... more mobile computing... better use of the Nokia acquisition (i.e. maps and services). I honestly think exciting times lie ahead for MS.
UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:27.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/27.0
James
James
diamond member
diamond member

Return to Windows (and Microsoft talk)