Netscape Browser 8.0.3.3 released

Firefox, Thunderbird, SeaMonkey, Camino, Mozilla, Netscape 6/7/8/9, and all Gecko-based browsers discussion and support forum. (MozInfo701, Netscape Browser Archive)

Postby James » Sat 01 Oct, 2005 5:53 pm

Vulnerabilities are unimportant? Where exactly did anyone say this? Geeze... if that were the case, I'd still be using NS 7.2. :shock:
UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050915 Firefox/1.0.7
James
James
diamond member
diamond member

Postby Pu7o » Sat 01 Oct, 2005 6:32 pm

DiGravioandSons wrote:The way he has to answer for everyone,and downplays any Netscape problems I assumed he was the Netscape forum admin. If i am not mistaken he did say he worked for Netscape. Because when a issue comes up he checks with his supervisor.

Jay Garcia, being a "Mozilla Champion", has some insider information, but definetely does NOT work for Netscape! Jesus Christ, if Jay worked for netscape, i'd never use it again in my life!
UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/312.5.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/312.3.1
Pu7o
Macfox
Macfox

Postby DiGravioandSons » Sat 01 Oct, 2005 6:46 pm

I assumed he worked for Netscape. Anytime either myself or someone else says something bad of Netscape on the forums he takes very personally. Like we are saying something bad about him.
UserAgent: Opera/8.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en)
DiGravioandSons

Postby Antony » Sun 02 Oct, 2005 8:37 am

DiGravioandSons wrote:I assumed he worked for Netscape. Anytime either myself or someone else says something bad of Netscape on the forums he takes very personally. Like we are saying something bad about him.
He is Netscape Champion as well. Besides that, he controls the Netscape secure newsgroup (admin of it)
And he is the admin (or moderator or whatever the term they use) of Netscape Community forum (at Netscape.com).
UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/412.7 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/412.5
Antony
diamond member
diamond member

Postby DiGravioandSons » Sun 02 Oct, 2005 10:25 am

The way he reacts to some of the questions I knew he was the moderator It is sad that he is so one minded and does not see the problems Netscape browser has.That why the browser is in such sad shape. First you have to admit there are problems, before they can be corrected.
UserAgent: Opera/8.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en)
DiGravioandSons

Postby Antony » Sun 02 Oct, 2005 11:57 am

DiGravioandSons wrote:The way he reacts to some of the questions I knew he was the moderator It is sad that he is so one minded and does not see the problems Netscape browser has.That why the browser is in such sad shape. First you have to admit there are problems, before they can be corrected.
If you tried to follow the post Pu7o provided (a few posts back), you would know his temper, I'd better not adding comment on this in this thread.
UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/412.7 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/412.5
Antony
diamond member
diamond member

Postby J-M » Sat 08 Oct, 2005 6:42 pm

Thanks moderators (in fact, Antony?) for updating the Download Netscape 8.0.2 link at SD701 Main page to Download Netscape 8.0.3.3 about a week ago. There are few unpatched vulnerabilities in version 8.0.3.3, but there are many, however.
BTW: This text mentioned is not visible when logged in.
UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; fi-FI; rv:1.7.10) Gecko/20050717 (No IDN) Firefox/1.0.6
J-M
diamond member
diamond member

Postby Lorraine » Thu 13 Oct, 2005 11:40 am

I was writing a reply to this, and my little terror of a dog, jumped up and hit my computer and I lost it.
She hit something on the left side, must have been the escape key.......

Anyway, I received an email this AM, from PC World which I biffed after reading, it's gone.
It said that Netscape was giving Internet Explorer a run for it's money. Not exactly those words. :)

Evidently when the users of the Mozilla and firefox browsers were counted, they included Netscape 8.

Anyway, now it seems that Netscape 8 is 2nd in command to Msn internet explorer.
UserAgent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)
Lorraine
diamond member
diamond member

Postby Lorraine » Thu 13 Oct, 2005 11:57 am

As for Jay Garcia, I think he's a very knowledgeable fella in Netscape. I don't know about the rest, i.e. Mozilla, Firefox, as I hardly used them.

Yes, We had problems, which were settled amicably.
I hold no grudges against anyone.

He was never rude to me, and I said some pretty nasty things to him at the time along with some of the others,
actually it was someone else I was more annoyed with at the time, but in the heat of the moment, my temper got the best of me. And I thought I had it under control :) [it's the redhead syndrome, can't help it lol]

Anyway, just my two cents worth, some people I would never bother with in secnews. but all in all, most were all very nice to me in the long run.

I don't go in there now because someone deletes most of my messages still. That does infuriate me when someone who doesn't know how to read correctly deletes other peoples messages.
I don't know how to cancel or delete.
UserAgent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)
Lorraine
diamond member
diamond member

Previous

Return to Firefox, SeaMonkey and Netscape