Questions about iPod Touch (4.3.5)

Apple products and Mac operating systems. Including discussions on Virtual PC for Mac, Parallels Desktop for Mac, all Apple hardware and everything relating to Apple and Mac!
(MacCentre701)

Questions about iPod Touch (4.3.5)

Postby Anonymosity » Sat 12 Nov, 2011 1:55 am

Is it possible to sync more than one directory of photos into the iPod Photo Library?

Is the only way to delete pictures in the Photo Library to sync with an empty directory?

What criterion is used to determine in what order the pictures will be arranged in the Photo Library? They are not in order of filename, and not in order of time & date, so how is the order determined?
UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:8.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/8.0
Anonymosity
silver member
silver member

Re: Questions about iPod Touch (4.3.5)

Postby Antony » Sat 12 Nov, 2011 1:09 pm

Anonymosity wrote:Is it possible to sync more than one directory of photos into the iPod Photo Library?
Not that I know of.

Anonymosity wrote:Is the only way to delete pictures in the Photo Library to sync with an empty directory?

What criterion is used to determine in what order the pictures will be arranged in the Photo Library? They are not in order of filename, and not in order of time & date, so how is the order determined?

When you say "Photo Library" do you mean iPhone's library OR iPod touch's photo album?

If the latter, you should be able to select desired albums to sync.
If former, I believe the only way to delete photos synced to iPod touch was to unsync them.
UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; en-US; rv:1.9.2.24) Gecko/20111103 AlexaToolbar/alxf-2.14 Firefox/3.6.24
Antony
diamond member
diamond member

Re: Questions about iPod Touch (4.3.5)

Postby Anonymosity » Sat 12 Nov, 2011 1:29 pm

I just updated the software in the iPod to version 5.0.1, and it is much better. I have no iPhone. It would seem that the only way I can get more directories of pictures into the iPod is to create a special directory for it on my hard drive and put the pictures in there. That works, and I have lots of room on the hard drive, so it is not crowding me for space. The pictures now are arranged by filename with the new software, so that problem is solved. It is better that way.
UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:8.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/8.0
Anonymosity
silver member
silver member

Return to Mac OS and Apple