The Camino Project has released Camino 1.6.1, a maintenance update to Camino 1.6 released on 17 April.
Camino 1.6.1 contains the following improvements over version 1.6:
- Camino will no longer crash when attempting to add a search engine that uses POST.
- Camino displays more useful error messages when it is unable to add a search engine.
- Camino supports a wider variety of search engine definition files.
- Restored compatibility with Adobe Dreamweaver and other applications that use a deprecated AppleEvent to open documents in Camino.
- Improved robustness of code used to access the Keychain.
- Command-period will now close the Find toolbar on Mac OS X 10.5.
Screenshot of Camino 1.6.1:
Camino 1.6.1 can be downloaded from CaminoBrowser.org website. A detailed change list and release note of Camino 1.6.1 is available in this page.
Camino 1.6.1 requires Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later, 50MB free hard drive space and is a universal binary which runs natively on both PowerPC- and Intel- based Macs.
MacCentre701 offers free Camino Backup QuickPick for .Mac Backup users.
UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X; en; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20080512 Camino/1.6.1 (like Firefox/18.104.22.168)