After over a year of hard work by devoted volunteers, the Camino Project has released Camino 2.0. This latest version includes many bug fixes and new features, providing all users with an improved browsing experience. This release displays web pages with Gecko 1.9, the same rendering engine used by the popular Firefox 3 web browser, and thus shares many of the security fixes and Gecko improvements that are in that version of Firefox.
- Features in Camino 2.0:
- Improved tabbed browsing with the new "Tab Overview" feature displays a grid of thumbnails of the tabs in the current window.
- New security features includes supporting the Google Safe Browsing service
- Full content zoom
- Download notifications
- Recently closed pages
- Improved support for Full Keyboard Access
- Enhanced annoyance blocking
- New AppleScript capabilities
Screenshot of the Tab Overview:
Tab Overview can be enabled from Window menu or with [tt]control[/tt] - [tt]command[/tt] - [tt]t[/tt] keys.
Screenshot of Camino 2.0:
Camino 2.0 can be downloaded from CaminoBrowser.org website. For details about Camino 2.0, please refer to the release notes.
Camino 1.6.10 requires Mac OS X 10.4 or later, 50MB free hard drive space and is a universal binary which runs natively on both PowerPC- and Intel- based Macs.
MozInfo701's sister site - MacCentre701 - offers free Camino Backup QuickPick for MobileMe Backup users.
UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20091102 Firefox/3.5.5