Photos in e-mail won't forward.

Firefox, Thunderbird, SeaMonkey, Camino, Mozilla, Netscape 6/7/8/9, and all Gecko-based browsers discussion and support forum. (MozInfo701, Netscape Browser Archive)

Postby waluckey » Mon 14 Mar, 2005 4:59 pm

For some reason the photos sent to me in an e-mail won't forward. Only the message gets forwarded. Where am I going wrong?
Bill
UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.0.2) Gecko/20030208 Netscape/7.02 (CK-SillyDog)
waluckey

Re: Photos in e-mail won't forward.

Postby Antony » Mon 14 Mar, 2005 5:20 pm

waluckey wrote:For some reason the photos sent to me in an e-mail won't forward. Only the message gets forwarded. Where am I going wrong?
Bill
You have to re-attach the photo, that's the fastest way to forward an email.
UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/125.5.6 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/125.12
Antony
diamond member
diamond member

Postby waluckey » Mon 14 Mar, 2005 6:26 pm

:( Hi Anton,
While waiting for you to reply I fooled around and found out how to do it.
While in Netscape 7.01 mail, I clicked on

Edit,
Mail and Newsgroup account settings,
"Compose Messages in HTML format". Set the check mark.

This let me see the photos in the mail I am forwarding. I thought that I had done that previously but the check mark was not there when I looked this time. I now can insert emoticons in e-mail and before they were not visable.

But now I can't send e-mail. I get the message:

"Sending of message failed."
"An error occurred sending Mail. Unable to connect to the SMTP server. The server may be down or may be incorrectly configured. Please verify that your mail/user account settings are correct and try again."

What would have changed my account settings?

In the SMTP setting the Server Name is "mail.isp.com". It has worked before and now no. Isp.com is my server.

Bill
:?
UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.0.2) Gecko/20030208 Netscape/7.02 (CK-SillyDog)
waluckey

Re: Photos in e-mail won't forward.

Postby Antony » Mon 14 Mar, 2005 6:58 pm

Hello Bill,

As for composing messages in HTML format, I personal do not like HTML-ed emails (okay, I am old fashioned.) But that should work.

waluckey wrote:But now I can't send e-mail. I get the message:

"Sending of message failed."
"An error occurred sending Mail. Unable to connect to the SMTP server. The server may be down or may be incorrectly configured. Please verify that your mail/user account settings are correct and try again."

What would have changed my account settings?

In the SMTP setting the Server Name is "mail.isp.com". It has worked before and now no. Isp.com is my server.

Bill
:?
I believe this is a separate issue.
Try to "receive" (get) mail first, then send it again. It might due to the ISP's security setting that in order to send emails, you need to be corrected logged in (checking for new mails). I don't think you've changed any SMTP settings.
UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/125.5.6 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/125.12
Antony
diamond member
diamond member

Can't send e-mail in Netscape 7.01 mail

Postby waluckey » Mon 14 Mar, 2005 8:57 pm

Anton wrote:
"I believe this is a separate issue.
Try to "receive" (get) mail first, then send it again. It might due to the ISP's security setting that in order to send emails, you need to be corrected logged in (checking for new mails). I don't think you've changed any SMTP settings."

Hi Anton
This suggestion didn't work. I checked with my Internet service provider and he chcked my settings and they are OK. I unchecked send in HTML and still does not fix it.
Bill
waluckey

Can't Send e-mail Netscape 7.01

Postby waluckey » Mon 14 Mar, 2005 9:20 pm

Anton,

I was able to resolve the problem in the following manner:

Get in Netscape Mail
Click on Edit
Click on Mail and Newsgroup Settings
Click on luckeywa4114@isp.com
See Account Settings
Click on Advanced down at bottom on right
Click on drop down arrow
Select "Always use default server"
Click on OK

I don't know how this was changed but it fixed the problem.
Thanks for your help.
Bill :)
waluckey

Postby Fulvio » Mon 14 Mar, 2005 10:19 pm

If you have more than one ISP, or if there was a change in the ISPs, this can happen.
UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.5) Gecko/20041217
A minority may be right, and a majority is always wrong.
~ Henrik Ibsen
WinXP, SP3, 512 MB, SM2.30, FF33, TB31.2, IE8.0 Ghostwall , Avast2014 Pro, also Toshiba Satellite laptop, 4GB, Win 8.1, IE11, Google Chrome 38
Fulvio

Return to Firefox, SeaMonkey and Netscape