Fulvio"I have Profiles in both locations. The first one for 2.x, the second for 1.x."
Are you saying you have both versions installed on your system?
I have tried everything I can think of trying to get V2.7 to run. It keeps telling me that I have sea monkey running and need to shut it down before V2.x will run.
I have tried the following:
1. remove V1.x using windows XP remove software function.
2. restarted computer with V2.7, get error msg
3. remove both versions of SM, reboot install V2.x, get error msg
4. Tried a older version of SM, V2.0.1, got error msg
5. did steps 1,2,3,4. tried install V2.0, still got error msg.
Went into drive C:, went to where SM is installed, noticed a folder called crash reports. Opened folder and noticed 4 files. Some dated last week when I tried to install V2.7.
I think I will try one more time. I am going to rename the Mozilla folder to MozillaA.
Maybe this will let V2.7 think it is going on a first time install since it will have to create the folders.
I gotta do something because more and more websites will not display properly on V1.X
UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20090825 SeaMonkey/1.1.18