Elgato has released version 3.3 of EyeTV 3, the de facto software for recording TV shows on Mac.
EyeTV 3.3 is fully compatible with Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard. It added the support for With Elgatoâ€™s new EyeTV Live3G web app which allows watch live TV and EyeTV recordings anywhere including using 3G connection. Live3G web app is free and available at https://live3g.eyetv.com/ . Another major new feature in EyeTV 3.3 is the support of 64-bit H.264 video decoder improving playback performance on Intel Macs with 64-bit processors by 10-20%.
EyeTV 3.3 now runs the H.264 video decoder as a 64-bit process. The H.264 video decoder is by far the most CPU-intensive part of EyeTV, and moving it to 64-bit has improved playback performance on Intel Macs with 64-bit processors by 10-20%.
- Bug Fixes:
- Improved scrolling in the Overlay menus.
- Fixed an issue where multiple tuners could not be accessed in the Overlay menu.
- Improved channel name detection and EPG for some Clear QAM cable systems. NOTE: To take advantage of this feature, EyeTV needs to do another Auto-Tune.
- Improved Digital Audio sound output for better compatibility with certain brands of home theater receivers.
- Improved support for EyeTV when running under Standard Accounts.
- Improved EyeTVâ€™s automatic update process.
- Resolved issues with H.264 broadcasts in Denmark.
- Fixed issues with the new Silver Apple Remote under Mac OS 10.6.2.
- Improved Support for Rogue Amoeba Airfoil and Apple Airport Express: EyeTV and Airfoil now work together to keep the video picture in sync with the sound at all times. Find out more about Airfoil here: http://www.rogueamoeba.com/airfoil/mac/
- Editing recordings now works when archive is on volume with FAT 32 file system.
- Improved user interface for CAM modules.
- Resolved issues reindexing recordings.
- Improved support for case sensitive file systems.
- Miscellaneous Improvements to XMLTV.
- EPG updates when Parental Controls enabled now fail with an explanation in the guide preferences.
- Resolved a hang on single processor Macs when doing a digital auto-tune with certain hardware.
- Improved CAM support for EyeTV Sat.
- Fixed support for newer Cinergy T XXS hardware revisions.
- Updated firmware for DTT Deluxe 2009 to improve reliability.
- Added PAL 60 Hz support for the 2008 EyeTV DVB-T/C Hybrid.
- Fixed support for SECAM D/K in Russia for the 2008 EyeTV DVB-T/C Hybrid.
EyeTV is an Universal Binary, and it requires Mac OS X 10.4.11 or later and a Macintosh computer with built-in USB 2.0 ports. EyeTV App requires iPhone or iPod touch with Software OS 3.0 or later, and a Mac running EyeTV 3.2 or later and a compatible TV turner connected. To stream live TV requires an Intel Core 2 Duo processor or better.
UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20091201 Firefox/3.5.6