Apple has released Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.8 today, getting ready for the big OS X Lion update.
Mac OS X 10.6.8 included:
- Enhancements to the Mac App Store to get your Mac ready to upgrade to Mac OS X Lion.
- Resolves an issue that may cause Preview to unexpectedly quit.
- Improves support for IPv6.
- Improves VPN reliability.
- Identifes and removes known variants of MacDefender malware.
- Corrects timezone data in iCal for Lisbon-Portugal.
- Adds the ability to use Kerberos authentication to a web proxy server.
- Fixes an issue when saving documents from Xcode or TextEdit when using an NFS home directory.
- Fixes an issue when importing certain media files into Final Cut Pro.
- Includes RAW image compatibility for additional digital cameras.
- Addresses an issue in which some OpenType fonts don't display correctly in certain applications.
- Resolves issues printing from Preview.
- Addresses an issue with PDF files not opening in third-party PDF viewing applications.
- Resolves invalid font errors when printing to PostScript printers.
Mac OS X 10.6.8 is available on Apple's Software Update and also available as Combo download from Apple Support Download page.
The 10.6.8 update is recommended for all users running Mac OS X Snow Leopard and includes general operating system fixes that enhance the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac, including fixes that:
Enhance the Mac App Store to get your Mac ready to upgrade to Mac OS X Lion
Resolve an issue that may cause Preview to unexpectedly quit
Improve support for IPv6
Improve VPN reliability
Identify and remove known variants of Mac Defender
For detailed information on this update, please visit this website: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4561.
For information on the security content of this update, please visit: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222.
Mac OS X v10.6.8 Update (474.2 MB)
Mac OS X v10.6.8 Update Combo (1.09 GB)
In the meantime, Apple also released Sedurity Update 2011-004 (Leopard) for Mac OS X 10.5.8 (Leopard) users. (256.4 MB)
UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20110614 AlexaToolbar/alxf-2.13 Firefox/3.6.18