Attachments using a Mac

Apple products and Mac operating systems. Including discussions on Virtual PC for Mac, Parallels Desktop for Mac, all Apple hardware and everything relating to Apple and Mac!
(MacCentre701)

Attachments using a Mac

Postby Fulvio » Wed 26 Jun, 2013 12:18 pm

I don't have a Mac, but my sister-in-law uses an iMac, or whatever it is called. She likes to send photos, and she does not seem to know of a way to send them as attachments, downloadable on a PC.
I got enough information to tell you what she does. She used AOL Webmail, from what I see, and all pictures are visible inline. I have to right click on each picture, and select: Save Image to download it. The last time she sent 128 pictures, and I stopped part of the way. Of course, one could look at the pictures, and, then delete the email, or save them, but the downloaded attachments take less space, and are easy to find.
She says that she starts with iPhoto, and somehow gets them into the the email. I tried something similar from my AOL Webmail, and there is a button in its toolbar to attach the pictures, which saved in a Folder, something like iPhoto, and attachments are created. Can they be "detached", in Webmail,I don't know, but, it is an easy job in Seamonkey or Thunderbird.
Is there something in a Mac which prevents attachments, or is it a matter of knowing how to?
I would appreciate a link to any article, or whatever.

fp
UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/27.0.1453.116 Safari/537.36
A minority may be right, and a majority is always wrong.
~ Henrik Ibsen
Win 10 HP Pavillion desktop , 8GB , McAfee Security , Zone Alarm Firewall, Seamonkey 2.46, Firefox 54.0, Thunderbird 52.2.0, also Toshiba Satellite laptop, 4GB, Win 10, , Chrome 59
Fulvio

Re: Attachments using a Mac

Postby Antony » Wed 26 Jun, 2013 6:16 pm

Just to clarify your question, you want to disable the attachment of pictures in email sending from Mac?

Which email software does your sister use? Or just directly from iPhoto?

To attach photos in Mail (Mail.app, Mac OS X's built in application), simply drag the photos into Mail's composing area (where she types the message). The photos can be dragged from the Desktop, folder, or from iPhoto.
UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.8; rv:21.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/21.0 AlexaToolbar/alxf-2.18
Antony
diamond member
diamond member

Postby Fulvio » Thu 27 Jun, 2013 4:11 pm

Antony, I said this:
she does not seem to know of a way to send them as attachments, downloadable on a PC.
, and this:
all pictures are visible inline
, so I think you got it backward.
I don't mind seeing the picture inline, i.e. as part of the email. I would like to have been as attachments, so that I can remove them from the message, detach them, and thus download them.
I think that she gets them from iPhoto.
UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:20.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/20.0 SeaMonkey/2.17.1
~ Henrik Ibsen
Win 10 HP Pavillion desktop , 8GB , McAfee Security , Zone Alarm Firewall, Seamonkey 2.46, Firefox 54.0, Thunderbird 52.2.0, also Toshiba Satellite laptop, 4GB, Win 10, , Chrome 59
Fulvio

Postby Fulvio » Wed 03 Jul, 2013 1:19 pm

Anyone? No wonder that my sister-in-law is having problems!
UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:22.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/22.0 SeaMonkey/2.19
~ Henrik Ibsen
Fulvio

Return to Mac OS and Apple