VideoLAN has released VLC media player 2.0, VLC media player is a free and open source cross-platform multimedia player and framework that plays most multimedia files as well as DVD, Audio CD, VCD, and various streaming protocols.
VLC 2.0 “Twoflower” comes with faster decoding on multi-core, GPU, and mobile hardware and the ability to open more formats, notably professional, HD and 10bits codecs. VLC 2.0 has a new rendering pipeline for video, with higher quality subtitles, and new video filters to enhance videos. it also support many new devices including experimental support of BluRay discs.
Major features of VLC media player 2.0 includes:
- Rewritten video output core and modules, allowing subpicture blending in GPU.
- Shader support in the OpenGL output, for colorspace conversion, including 10bits.
- Multi-threaded decoding for H.264, MPEG-4/Xvid and WebM.
- Support for 10bits codecs, WMV image and some other codecs.
- Rewritten support for images, including jpeg, png, xcf, bmp...
- Important changes in RealVideo and Real Format support.
- CrystalHD cards and Android OpenMAX support for hardware decoding.
For more detail and the download VLC media player, please visit www.videolan.org/vlc.
UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20120216 AlexaToolbar/alxf-2.14 Firefox/3.6.27