Where are Mac OS Sierra's grey sidebar icons?

Apple products and Mac operating systems. Including discussions on Virtual PC for Mac, Parallels Desktop for Mac, all Apple hardware and everything relating to Apple and Mac!
(MacCentre701)

Where are Mac OS Sierra's grey sidebar icons?

Postby Anonymosity » Mon 17 Oct, 2016 3:59 pm

In Mac OS Sierra, the icons in the Finder sidebar with just the normal view are light sepia. If one saves a file, the cutdown version of the Finder window shows grey icons in the sidebar. I know exactly where the sepia ones are, but the grey ones are not in the same place. Where are the grey sidebar images stored in Mac OS Sierra?
UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.12; rv:49.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/49.0 SeaMonkey/2.46
Anonymosity
silver member
silver member

Re: Where are Mac OS Sierra's grey sidebar icons?

Postby Anonymosity » Fri 18 Nov, 2016 3:32 pm

I changed the sidebar generic folder icon in CoreTypes.bundle to an opaque blue folder, and the grey Finder sidebar folders changed to a darker shade of grey. I think now that Mac OS is just changing specially designed folders to generic in the sidebar and doing greyscale on everything in the Finder sidebar. I see no point in doing either of those things. Where are the settings that change the sidebar appearance in Mac OS?
UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.12; rv:50.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/50.0 SeaMonkey/2.47
Anonymosity
silver member
silver member

Return to Mac OS and Apple