Since I can't find anything, and I have been posting for years, I have to chalk this to mysteries in life, or that Comodo had it against me.
I have been fine, since I was able to remove Comodo with Revo Uninstaller.
I will summarize the problems. As you may know Seamonkey is my default program. Comodo cut me off Seamonkey, immediately. Somehow, after a few hours of struggle, IE opened, and I was able to use the Internet.
Then I went to Google Chrome, and it told me that I was not connected to the Internet. And, thanks to Chrome, I was able to connect. Things were normal for the last hour, on Sunday. But, Comodo struck back with vengeance on Monday. It cut off the Internet, except for IE, and Avast, the AntiVirus, scanned at about 30% of its normal speed.
I must say that when I installed Comodo, it told me that I had the option of changing the DNS to a faster number of its own. I think that the problem was there, and, it surely, was not faster. In the meantime, Seamonkey was confined to the sandbox, i.e. unusable, because I could not make changes. I was sure that I had run into a virus!
I was able to go to the Comodo newsgroup, and found a lot of complaint about its behavior, and, especially, about the fact that it could not be removed. The newsgroup provided a couple of .zip files, which when unzipped would do the job, but, may be because I was rattled, or the files did not work, I could not do a thing.
By midafternoon Monday, I had Comodo Firewall doing an admirable job of preventing me from using the computer(I don't know, if it kept junk out). I could use IE, and Google Chrome could help me in restablish Internet connection. That's when I remember about the Revo Uninstaller, and in its Advanced mode it wiped out most of the Comodo files. A few file could be removed after rebooting. And, I still have a souvenir of the Comodo Geek Buddy, allegedly a helper in optimizing connections. Its files could not be touched.
I must say that Comodo, not only, downloaded, over 80 MB of its program, but, also, 120 more of the Internet Security, which I had not requested. And, even when I uninstalled it, the Firewall would not allow me to touch the Installer files. After I was able to remove Comodo, I found out that IE had been made default!
The nightmare was over late Monday, and, my hypertension had kicked up higher than I have had it with no medication. My experience may have been extreme, but, as far as I am concerned they are criminals!
Now, I am clicking SUBMIT.
UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:11.0) Gecko/20120312 Firefox/11.0 SeaMonkey/2.8