xml support in netscape

Need technical advice on coding your web pages? Covers HTML, JavaScript, CSS, and some server side technologies. Also the issue of some webpages not displayed well.

xml support in netscape

Postby dhubbard » Wed 08 Jan, 2003 1:31 pm

I am trying to view an xml file in netscape 7. I have used ie and netscape 4.79 which both show the xml file and click links to expand and compress the xml elements.

However, in netscape 7 it appears that a transform is applied automagically.

How can I view just the contents of the xml. By the way I know about the
view source, I just want to see the xml. Is there a setting that needs to be set.
UserAgent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.0.3705)
dhubbard

Re: xml support in netscape

Postby Fulvio » Wed 08 Jan, 2003 4:02 pm

dhubbard wrote:I am trying to view an xml file in netscape 7. I have used ie and netscape 4.79 which both show the xml file and click links to expand and compress the xml elements.

However, in netscape 7 it appears that a transform is applied automagically.

How can I view just the contents of the xml. By the way I know about the
view source, I just want to see the xml. Is there a setting that needs to be set.

I do not know about viewing a .xml file. You may have to select the open with to something which allow you to view it.
UserAgent: Mozilla/4.72C-CCK-MCD Caldera Systems OpenLinux [en] (X11; U; Linux 2.2.14 i586)
A minority may be right, and a majority is always wrong.
~ Henrik Ibsen
WinXP, SP3, 512 MB, SM2.30, FF33, TB31.2, IE8.0 Ghostwall , Avast2014 Pro, also Toshiba Satellite laptop, 4GB, Win 8.1, IE11, Google Chrome 38
Fulvio

Postby Shark Daddy » Wed 08 Jan, 2003 4:16 pm

If the file is small, put the source in here or give a link. Does the file have XSL styles, or does Mozilla just spit out a source tree? You can't 'see' XML, you realise... right?
UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.3b) Gecko/20030101
Shark Daddy

Return to Web Design and Page Coding